This page is provided as a free service to our members and others in our industry.
If you would like to have a job opening posted on this page click on “Job Submission” (found under “Jobs” tab) and complete the requested information. Jobs will be posted within 3 business days of submission and removed within 3 business days of the requested removal date. If no removal date is given jobs will be removed 30 days after they are posted. Please keep Job Description and How to Apply to approximately 500 words or less.
If you are interested in applying for a job that appears on this website, please contact the employer directly using the information listed with the job ad.
Water Treatment Plant Certified Operator
The Town of Weaverville Public Works Department is now accepting applications for full-time employment with the Town of Weaverville – Lawrence T. Sprinkle Water Treatment Facility. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and must possess a valid North Carolina Driver’s License. Applicant must be certified at a minimum grade C Surface Water Treatment Plant Operator from North Carolina Water Treatment Facility Operator Certification Board, and Physical Chemical 1 from North Carolina Water Pollution Control System Operators Certification Commission or ability to obtain within available certification schedule. Hire rate will be commensurate with combination of certifications, education and experience. Candidate must be willing to work as required, when required, to maintain water services. Hire will be extensively trained and must demonstrate ability to perform independent operation without direct supervision. Drinking water treatment is a challenging and rewarding career field with excellent benefits and job security. Benefits include full Town paid Health Insurance for employee, Local Government State Retirement Plan, up to 6% match 401K, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, and more.
1.) Position Title: Water Treatment Plant Certified Operator
2.) Pay Grade: 16. Salary Range is $42,290.01 to $61,320.52.
Actual hire rate is dependent upon combination of education, experience and valid certifications. Qualifications will be considered when determining entry wage offering.
3.) Application can be obtained from the Town of Weaverville Website: www.weavervillenc.org Weaverville Public Works Facility located at 15 Quarry Road, Weaverville NC 28787. Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm weekdays.
Email request email@example.com (note job title in subject line). Contact person: Randall Wilson, Lawrence T. Sprinkle Water Treatment Facility 828-658-2417
4.) The Town of Weaverville is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selections are made without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age or non-disqualifying handicapping condition. Background check and pre-employment drug screen are required. Weaverville is a drug and alcohol-free workplace, and employees are subject to random screenings.
5.) Please complete the Town of Weaverville Application Form (available online at www.weavervillenc.org), along with resume and send to:
Lawrence T. Sprinkle Water Treatment Facility
PO Box 338
Weaverville, NC 28787
General Statement of Duties
Performs responsible skilled and technical work in the operation of a surface water treatment plant.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
Employees in this class perform a variety of operational, maintenance and laboratory duties designed to produce a safe and adequate supply of properly treated water. Work is performed on assigned or rotating shifts and includes monitoring the plant’s operations through observation, mechanical readings, and the results of standard chemical and biological tests and making necessary adjustments in the process as demand or other operational conditions dictate. Work also includes conducting standard laboratory analysis and a variety of equipment, grounds, and facility maintenance. Employees maintain records of work activities and test results. Work is performed in accordance with regulations of the State of North Carolina, North Carolina Division of Water Resources and other regulatory agencies. Work is performed on varying shifts and under general supervision and requires independent problem solving. Employees work in inside and outside environments, are subject to extreme hot and cold weather, and are exposed to various hazards such as loud noises, moving mechanical parts, electrical current, chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, oils, poor ventilation, working in small spaces such as vaults. Work is evaluated on the basis of water quality, supply, standard logs and records, and the adherence to established operating policy.
posted 12/5/22 (1/5/23)
Summary: Veolia operates the state of the art Martin County Regional Water Treatment Plant located in Williamston NC. As part of a dedicated team, operation and maintenance technicians, make operational decisions using SCADA, perform routine maintenance of equipment and instrumentation, and analyze samples for regulatory compliance.
Shift: The plant runs 8 to 12 hours per day/7 days a week. Operators must be available to work any shift assigned: day, swing, or night
• Operates equipment manually and through instrument panels and computer terminals.
• Performs field tests (chemical and physical) in order to pace chemical dosages for process control units or alter unit processes.
• Monitors and observes operating conditions, records observations and data and diagnoses basic operational problems and takes corrective action.
• Follows process control procedures for assigned areas; verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to Manager.
• Prepares chemical solutions, and monitors process chemical supplies and recommends reorder.
• Samples water and solids according to schedule.
• Performs routine lab tests, and routine instrument calibrations.
• Performs minor maintenance including routine preventive and corrective maintenance, lubrication, and minor adjustments; and performs basic troubleshooting of equipment, recommends solutions and, where appropriate, fills out work orders.
• Operates vehicles for plant operational use.
• Performs cleanup and housekeeping tasks for work area, tools, equipment, facilities, and grounds.
• Assures work is performed in a safe and professional manner by following established safety, operating, and emergency response procedures.
• High school diploma or GED; Post-Secondary coursework in Business, Science or Engineering is desired.
• Experience within a water treatment environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and practices of water treatment are preferred.
• Must possess a “C-Surface” Certification
• Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems and manage remedial action.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills in order to interface with all levels of personnel.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective and easily understood written communications and reports.
• Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet management.
• Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
• Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
• Must be able to wear a respirator and other appropriate PPE.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Must be able to work in various types of weather conditions (Rain, snow, extreme cold/heat)
• Must be able to respond to 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
How to Apply: On Veolia Jobs Website or use this URL https://veolianorthamerica.jobs.net/en-US/search?keywords=&location=&facetcategory=field%20operations%20%26%20technicians
posted 12/1/22 (022823)
City of King Water Treatment Facility Job Opportunity B-Shift Operator
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK;
Performs responsible semi-skilled and technical work in the operation of water pumping and purification equipment; does related work as required. Work is performed under the immediate supervision of the Chief Operator and Water Treatment Facility Superintendent.
This is heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken levels; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, peripheral vision, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, use of measuring devices, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, oils and wearing a respirator. The worker may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment. The worker is expected to drive under non ideal conditions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
• Operating and maintaining the water treatment plant.
• Monitors SCADA for proper plant operations and water flow.
• Oversees proper functioning of water pumps, motors, chlorinators, filters, and chemical feeders making adjustments as necessary to maintain proper quality and flow of water.
• Monitors supply of finished water in storage tanks.
• Notes reading of gauges, meters, and indicators.
• Collects water samples from designated points every two hours.
• Makes routine physical and chemical tests, recording results every two hours.
• Makes plant inspections, equipment adjustments and notifies superiors of need for repair work every two hours.
• Perform backwash sequence on filters.
• Performs jar test at least once a shift to ensure proper chemical feed rates.
• Prepares nightly reports every shift.
• Completes the task of filling all chemical day tanks from bulk tanks every night.
• Answers phone for calls related to water complaints, leaks within the system, and conveying
information to other city departments as well as supervisors.
• Performs household duties within the plant.
• Displays verbal and written communication about plant operations at beginning and end of
shift with other operators as well as supervisors.
• Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
General knowledge of the principles, practices, equipment and methods used in water treatment and pumping operations; general knowledge of the occupational hazards connected with water plant and related activities and of necessary safety precautions; thorough knowledge of chemistry as applied to water treatment; ability to adjust and maintain water pumps, chemical feed machines and other water plant equipment; ability to check the operation of equipment and to detect defects in operation; ability to take accurate readings; ability to use Microsoft Windows applications (Microsoft excel, word, etc.); ability to operate light equipment; ability to keep routine records and to make arithmetical computations; ability to acquire additional qualifications towards State certification.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and some experience in mechanical or technical work preferably in a water plant or related environment.
At minimum, a possession or ability to obtain (within 6 months) a valid C-Surface certificate from State Board of Certification of Water Treatment Facility Operators; and must be able to obtain 6 contact hours annually in classes, meetings, or seminars as required by the State to maintain Certification. A class C driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina is required.
Annual Salary Range is $31,747 ($14.54/hr) – $53,202 ($24.36/hr) and the pay grade range is 8-10, depending upon surface certification level and experience. Starting annual salary for job without certification is $30,961 ($14.18/hr). The position is located at the City of King Water Treatment Plant, 6949 Donnaha Road, Tobaccoville, NC. Hours for shift are 7pm- 7am, working a 3-2-2 rotation (3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off). Weekends and holidays are required.
How to Apply: Applications may be turned in to the Director of Finance and Personnel, City of King, 229 South Main Street, King, NC 27021 or to Water Treatment Facility Supervisor/ORC with city application and copy of certificate(s). The deadline for accepting applications is December 16th, 2022. King is an EOE and a Drug Free workplace. If you should have any questions or concerns about the position, please feel free to contact the Water Treatment Facility Supervisor at 336-924-8363.
posted 11/30/22 (121622)
Water Plant Operator Trainee, I, II, or III (Night Shift)
Job Description: Salary Range: $37,711.00 – $73,341.00 Annually
– Starts up and shuts down the water treatment plant.
– Operates and monitors the functioning of pumps, motors, valves, chemical feeders, and related equipment; recognizes and makes needed adjustments to equipment and or treatment process through hourly rounds and testing.
– Performs basic water plant maintenance and housekeeping; backwashes filters; fills chemical tanks; performs maintenance on chemical pumps, motors and piping; performs building and grounds maintenance.
– Performs skilled preventive maintenance and/or adjustments on equipment, including repacking pumps, greasing pumps, adjusting pumps, overhauling, and changing oil in pumps and chemical feeders; performs maintenance and repairs on the plumbing and piping system; maintains and repairs the chemical feed piping system; fills chemical tanks; performs minor maintenance and repair on plant facilities.
– Collects and maintains accurate data; prepares and submits a variety of records, reports, charts, logs, etc.
– Gathers samples for lab analysis; performs laboratory quality control testing, such as chlorine residual, Ph, temperature, hardness, turbidity, dissolved oxygen, alkalinity, fluoride, and other tests; performs water quality lab media in lab for use on water microbiological bacteria testing of samples; performs bench jar testing of raw water to optimize the plant’s chemical dosage.
– Adds chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards; receives and properly stores chemical shipments.
– As the plant is manned 24/7 it serves as the 24-hour emergency call center for utilities. Receives calls from customers (sometimes irate) regarding water bills, water cut-offs, and broken lines; addresses after-hours complaints on nights, weekends, and holidays by dispatching proper personnel for water quality issues, line breaks, sewer spills, and pump station issues; records all received water/sewer service calls.
– Reports concerns and failures and takes operational direction from the Operator in Responsible Charge.
– Participates in classroom and other training to ensure certification can be renewed and for increased learning.
– Maintains plant security on assigned shifts.
– Serves as an on-call operator.
– Performs other related duties as required.
Operator II and III added duties:
– Conducts tours of the plant.
– Help QA/QC log sheets and state reports.
This is a night shift position which works a split schedule of three nights one week and four nights the following week during a pay period. The shift is 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and every other Saturday.
High School Diploma and NC Drivers License required for all levels. All levels above Trainee require NC Grade C Surface Water Treatment Operator certification. Trainee level must obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
How to Apply: Apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hillsboroughnc
posted 11/28/22 (123122)
Well / Distribution Operator
Job Description: Position available for responsible person to perform technical and skilled work in the operations and maintenance of groundwater wells and compliance sampling. Qualified candidate should possess experience in treatment operations with SCADA experience desired. The Well/Distribution Operator may also assist in repairs and preventative maintenance within the Eastern Pines Water Corporation system. Work involves emergency and routine system repairs, fire hydrant flushing and maintenance, valve exercise, locating and maintenance and repair of water lines. Also, attending training and providing assistance to other areas as needed, including moving equipment and materials to and from job sites, and maintaining equipment within the distribution system. May be required to work on weekends and holidays as needed on a rotation schedule and must be able to work overtime on short notice. Serves on call for emergencies and as a backup for on-call staff.
Starting salary commensurate with experience and level of state certification. Applications accepted until filled.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT – Qualified candidate must possess experience in the operations and maintenance of groundwater wells and compliance sampling. SCADA experience also desired.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS – Required to possess and maintain a valid NC Driver’s License. B-Well and A-Distribution Certification preferred, but would consider experience and ability to obtain certification.
How to Apply: Apply at 5442 Eastern Pines Road Greenville, N.C. 27858 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
posted 11/28/22 (013023)
Water Distribution Technician
Job Description: The Water Distribution Technician performs repairs and preventative maintenance within the Eastern Pines Water Corporation system. Work involves installing water taps, emergency, and routine system repairs, fire hydrant flushing, and maintenance, valve exercise, locating, maintenance, and repair of water lines, and flags traffic at work sites. Other essential job duties include completing work and service orders as assigned and restoring and discontinuing water service. Also, attending training and providing assistance to other areas as needed, including moving equipment and materials to and from job sites, and maintaining equipment within the distribution system. The technician will assist with any tasks or day-to-day duties as assigned and easily adjust to changing priorities. May be required to work on weekends and holidays as needed on a rotation schedule and must be able to work overtime on short notice. Serves on-call for emergencies and as a backup for on-call staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT – High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS – Required to possess and maintain a valid Grade C Distribution certification within 24 months of employment and required to possess and maintain a valid NC Driver’s License.
How to Apply: Apply at 5442 Eastern Pines Road Greenville, N.C. 27858 or email resume to email@example.com
posted 11/28/22 (013123)
Water Treatment Plant Operator
Charlotte’s local government, with more than 7,000 employees and a $2.39 billion budget, works hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play.
Charlotte Water is an enterprise department of the City of Charlotte and one of the largest public water and sewer service providers in the southeast with 300,000 customer accounts and over 1000 employees. Our service area includes the City of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County and the towns of Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Mint Hill, Matthews and Pineville. Charlotte Water’s FY 23 budget is $535M and a five-year capital program of $2.5 billion. We enjoy the highest credit ratings from all three major credit rating agencies as a result of sound financial planning and management and strong support from our City Council. We value competent, skilled candidates with a customer service focus to work in a team environment.
How to Apply / Contact
Apply online. https://charlottenc.gov/HR/Pages/Jobs.aspx
Req. #2206-151410-01 – Water Treatment Plant Operator
SALARY – Compensation based on level of experience and certification.
As of October 1, 2021:
The City of Charlotte requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for any new City of Charlotte employees.
The city is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, will consider reasonable accommodations as required by law.
This hourly position operates and maintains treatment plant equipment such as (filters, pumps, chlorinators, air compressors, and electric motors), adjusts chemicals, and maintains buildings. Work involves operating and maintaining treatment plant equipment such as filters, pumps, chlorinators, air compressors, and electric motors; checking oil levels; troubleshooting equipment; performing standard chemical and physical process control tests; washing filters; keeping records of operations; performing math/chemical calculations; and inspecting for safe/efficient operations of plant equipment. This position also conducts preventative maintenance around the plant, and refilling chemicals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produces safe and sufficient drinking water for the population and visitors of Mecklenburg County by managing day-to-day operations of a surface water treatment facility.
• Monitors treatment processes by utilizing SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), systems and visual observation of process equipment (pumps, chemical feeders, filters, flocculators, rapid mixers, instruments, and air compressors).
• Ensures quality and process control by laboratory analysis and chemical dosage rate adjustments as well as taking bacteria/taste and odor samples along various stages of treatment.
• Calibrates equipment; and adjusts chemical feeds/flows.
• Conducts safety inspections.
• Assists in unloading and storage of treatment process chemicals.
• Monitors high service pumping of treated water to the distribution system to ensure appropriate system pressure and elevated storage tank level to meet consumer demand.
• Adjusts treatment plant rate and coordinates with two other surface water treatment plants to match demand requirements of the overall system.
• Performs laboratory analysis; gathers samples; and maintains lab instruments.
• Washes filters.
• Keeps records of operations.
• Maintains equipment (greasing, inspecting, and rebuilding equipment)
• Performs janitorial services (sweeping, mopping, cleaning assigned areas; and taking out the trash).
• Enters data (such as lab results).
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
• Two (2) years of related work experience preferred.
Licenses, Certifications or Registrations:
• Requires valid driver’s license.
• Requires (or obtains within 18 months of hire date) NC Grade C Surface Water Certification.
• Requires (or obtains within 3 years of hire date) NC Grade B Surface Water Certification.
• Requires (or obtains within 6 years of hire date) NC Grade A Surface Water Certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of surface water treatment plant operations.
• Skill in working with computers and software related to the position.
• Skill in making math and chemical calculations.
• Ability to obtain City driving authorization.
• Ability to work with chemicals.
The work is medium work and requires applying 30 pounds of force frequently and exerting up to 50 – 100 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: climbing, feeling, grasping, handling, perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, distinguishing among sounds, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, expressing ideas by spoken word, shouting above noises, visual acuity in data/color/observations/equipment/inspections, and walking.
Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities, and needs. Requires working shifts and working around machinery with chemicals.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, will consider reasonable accommodations as required by law.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
How to Apply: Apply online. https://charlottenc.gov/HR/Pages/Jobs.aspx
posted 11/2/22 (123122)
Treatment Plant Operator – Laurinburg, NC
Job Description: Performs intermediate semiskilled work in the operation and maintenance of a treatment plant, conducting regular plant inspections, recording readings, performing preventive maintenance on equipment, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Senior Treatment Plant Operator and Chief Treatment Plant Operator.
Conducts regular inspections of plant and equipment to ensure that it is in proper operation at all times.
Records readings from instruments; maintains records on plant operations.
Regulates and adjusts motor, pumps, blowers, valves and other apparatus to meet changing operating conditions as directed by supervisor.
Checks all plant equipment and biological and chemical systems for proper operation.
Changes plant process as necessary to improve plant efficiency.
Checks and refills various chemical feeds; orders chemicals; unloads and stores supplies.
Reads meters, gauges and dials and keeps logs of readings; maintains time and temperature logs.
Checks pumping stations to ensure proper operation.
Collects samples; performs minor laboratory tests.
Performs maintenance on and lubricates equipment.
Performs scheduled and emergency operations as directed.
Pumps and maintains sludge levels.
Performs general custodial and grounds maintenance work.
May be required to work outside normal work hours in on-call and emergency situations.
Provides excellent customer service when working with citizens, elected officials, and/or associates.
Completes any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Supports the overall City organization by executing the directives as set forth by the immediate supervisor and elected officials.
posted 10/5/22 (123122)
Job Description: The current salary range for this position is $39,988.00-$61,581.51.
Applicants must have a high school diploma, a valid NC driver’s license, a North Carolina Water Treatment Facility Operators active license grade C-Surface minimum or the ability to acquire licensure within one year of hire.
The position performs difficult skilled trades work in the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant, conducting regular plant inspections, recording readings, taking samples, performing routine tests, ensuring proper plant operation, maintaining records and files, preparing reports, and related work as apparent or assigned. Applicants with skills including plumbing, electrical, SCADA, etc. is a bonus.
Successful applicant must pass drug test and criminal background check prior to employment.
The Broad River Water Authority is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply: Applications can be picked up at the BRWA main office located at 112 N. Main Street Rutherfordton, NC, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy. For further information and a full job description, please contact Brad Joyner @ 828-286-0731.
posted 03/24/22 (032423)